2009 is almost here, and we'd like to suggest a few alternatives to the standard new year's resolutions. They are inexpensive, green, and good for Memphis.
Here are 5 to consider:
1. Volunteer in the community -- help clean up the harbor, support the Cossitt, read to inner city children, work on a project through your church, .... Click here to become a volunteer with Friends for Our Riverfront.
2. Make a commitment to recycle and use earth-friendly bags for grocery shopping.
3. Attend at least one City Council and one County Commission meeting, and take a friend.
4. Walk or jog the Bluffwalk instead of joining a gym - it's free and still good for your heart.
5. Shop at downtown's Farmer's Market, hear the symphony at the Cannon Center, take in a play at the Orpheum, and be sure to attend at least one South Main Trolley Night.