Not a sign in sight. That's why when the "colorful topper" suddenly appeared on Beale Street Landing, people were shocked. Some thought it was a joke.
Draft design guidelines for the Memphis riverfront:
- Maintain a distinct identity for the riverfront that conveys its heritage and respects the natural environment.
- Preserve view opportunities to the river from public viewpoints.
- Enhance pedestrian access to the river and connections that lead to it.
- Provide pedestrian connections to the riverfront.
- Promote creative new design for public features that subordinate to the natural character and heritage.
- Preserve historic features that exist in the area.
Link to Sign Code, draft - apply to all projects within downtown
Link to Current Sign Code.